Thursday, June 16, 2005

F.O.D.F.'s

The world of debits and credits is not one I am good with. The long list of pluses, minuses, and numbers that make up my checking account balance, daily beckons my mind's door; beating it down with F.O.D.F's. I can't even creatively denote my feelings on the matter, it infuriates me more and more as I try to write about it. If the acronym that makes up the title doesn't make sense to you, then I can only assume that you've never had the pleasure of finding one on your list and that you are an extremely intelligent and responsible person and you are too intelligent to be reading this blog. I hate F.O.D.F's Plain and simple. I hate them for their cost and for the fact that they put a dollar amount on my stupidity. "Nice move jackass- that'll be $33 dollars" they seem to say. "Oh wait, we ring the meal as one purchase and the tip as another- $66 please. We know it's only $2 difference, but that's the price you pay for being a fool. Oh you don't have $66 to cover the fees no problem you can pay them whenever you get the money, it'll only cost you $4 a day. Thanks, see you again next time. Jackass." Though I hate them, I enjoy their humorous reality checks. I'm grateful to have their help getting to the next stage.

4 comments:

Awioa said...

Well I don't think I see the F.O.D.F's but I do see on occasion the I.S.F. which makes me feel the same way. Personally I am ready to move out to the middle of no where and live off the land. well, maybe not, I like my soft bed, and well I guess I like running water too. Fine I like my life of Luxury, I just don't want to pay for it. Ahhh to be independently wealthy. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

hey andie, fyi, FODF stands for F@#$ing Over Draft Fees.

Anonymous said...

I bury my money out in the yard.

Awioa said...

well that is why i didn't know. my bank only charges me a isf charge. I do not have overdraft fees unless i am in the negative for over 30 day or am over 500 in the hole. i love my bank!!