Wednesday, June 01, 2005

crossroads

I've reached a crossroads in my life. Up till now I've kept in mind the words of Robert Frost as I venture down the road less traveled by. For Frost, the choice to roam off the beaten path made all the difference. I too chose the one less traveled by. In taking this path of uncertainty, I've gained many things. The greatest of my discoveries along my way is that I've crossed the path of the one for whom I was searching. My Adriana. She is my happiness, my light, my home. From the beginning, the destination of my journey has been home, it just wasn't set to be reached so early in my life.
This is where my conflict lies. Should I proceed down the path I've taken thus far? In looking down the path that led me home, I'm lost in deciding what to do. The direction of the planned path has been offset by this fortuitous transversion with it's destination. What is the use for the means after the end has been met? When the only joy found in the means was the promise of an end. Am I to respect the path and continue onward, or take what I've been blessed to find and run? If there are any fellow travelers out there who are willing to assist a novice journeyman, please extend your wisdom. As I travel farther along in my life splitting the fork trying to decide between the two paths, I am becoming lost. Where do I go from here? I took the one less traveled by, and now I'm plagued with indifference.

2 comments:

Awioa said...

I don't think you should look at the road less traveled like it is going the rwrong way. You have got to remember that you reach different forks in the road over and over. No path is ever set in stone. And while the road less traveled is harder you can always backtrack.

Kyle of the Hill People said...

When you reach a fork in the road, take it.

Yogi Berra